Safety, Health, Safeguarding & Privacy
Sharp Shots is committed to making sure all aspects of safety, health, safeguarding and privacy are adhered to. The safety, health, safeguarding and privacy of our students and staff is paramount and we take multiple steps to ensure compliance.
- Insurance – Sharp Shots holds public liability insurance.
- Safeguarding – Sharp Shots takes child safeguarding very seriously and abides by its Safeguarding policy. All current tutors have attended the NSPCC Safeguarding course.
- All employees and tutors are thoroughly vetted and hold Enhanced DBS certificates (highest level of disclosure required for those positions that can involve caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of children or vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS will show the following offences: sexual, violence, the supply of drugs and safeguarding). The Enhanced DBS certificate will contain details of convictions and conditional cautions that are considered to be unspent under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. The certificate may also contain non-conviction information supplied by relevant police forces, if it is deemed relevant and ought to be contained in the certificate.
- First Aid – All Sharp Shots tutors are certified first aiders having attended St Johns Ambulance first aid course. First Aid kits are taken to all classes & workshops.
- Risk Assessing – Sharp Shots has created and abides by individual venue risk assessments.
- Emergency – Sharp Shots holds an office health and safety risk management document and emergency evacuation procedure.
- Equal Opportunities – Sharp Shots takes equal opportunities very seriously and abides by its Equal Opportunities policy
- Covid 19 – Sharp Shots has taken all available steps within the Government guidelines to mitigate the spread and exposure of Covid 19.
- All employees work from home when they can.
- Please see Sharp Shots general Covid 19 guidance for workshops
- We abide by our Covid 19 detailed risk assessment